This episode features an interview with Sean Sherman, an award-winning Lakota chef and cookbook author based in the Twin Cities. Sean is the founder and CEO of The Sioux Chef, a company devoted to Indigenous foods, and co-founder of the nonprofit North American Traditional Indigenous Food Systems. In this conversation, Rebecca and Sean talk about Native American cuisine, making Native foods accessible, and Sean’s and his partner Dana Thompson’s new Minneapolis restaurant, Owamni by The Sioux Chef.
- The Sioux Chef: https://sioux-chef.com/
- Owamni restaurant: https://owamni.com/
- The Sioux Chef’s Indigenous Kitchen cookbook: https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/the-sioux-chef
- Celebrating Indigenous Women Chefs cooking demonstrations: https://hfhl.umn.edu/events/indigenouschefs
- I-Collective: https://www.icollectiveinc.org/
- Native American Food Sovereignty Alliance: https://nativefoodalliance.org/